Kate Bush Forum

Current funds level : Update soon | Next payment $45 due 2nd Aug 2024

Will update soon with news relating to the running of the forum

If you can afford a small donation, please do so via 

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Many Thanks

If you can help Matt please respond here

Delius

Many of you know this forum was Matt's creation. Nearly twenty years ago, he envisioned a "safe environment for genuine Kate Bush fans to swap ideas and hang out." Sadly, about four years ago, Matt faced a terminal Stage Four Cancer diagnosis.

Matt, ever the fighter, researched alternative treatments and programs, but COVID restrictions put those on hold. Despite battling the disease for four years, his time is now limited. He's currently receiving end-of-life care.

This update has two purposes:

1. Share Memories with Matt: If you knew Matt, please share any messages or memories you have. Knowing you cared would mean a lot to him.
  2. Reaching Out to Kate Bush: We're trying to get a message to Kate herself. While her website doesn't offer direct contact, we've explored other avenues like record labels and company directorships. Unfortunately, these attempts haven't yielded a personal contact address or any other method for contact. If you can help with this please do, if you are not comfortable leaving information in this thread please send me a private message, I will be discret.

Delius 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is very sad news. I don't have words to write what I feel...

Matt mentioned he was struggling with the disease, but I assumed it was complications from Covid.

Matt was the person who encouraged me to post on the forum, because I was just a guest here a long time ago, he gave me the proverbial 'kick'. A nice, gentle and understanding person to whom we owe a lot.

I wish him a lot of strength and perseverance in dealing with the disease.

Be strong, Matt!

Take care!

• Like 4

Guest Kieron

That is sad. Had no idea that he passed the forum on because of health reasons 

He didn't want any fuss so swore me to secrecy at the time.

Hello Delius, and all. I have just received the email... I'm so sorry to hear the terrible news about Matt. I have seen quite a number of status updates from Matt on social media over the last few years, but never any mention of health status, so was unaware of how things had progressed. I wish Matt all my very best and would like to thank him for setting up and running this forum over the years... I have not been active on the forum for quite some time, but once upon a time this forum was a sanctuary for me and helped me through some difficult times. I hope Matt is as comfortable as can be given his condition and would like to pass on my thoughts to him. Thank you for reaching out. Berni

Edited by dreamer
Change of wording
  • Like 5

Very upsetting to hear.

Sending thoughts to Matt… and grateful thanks for setting this up for us KT fans.

x

• Like 2

Also to add, I still have fond memories of the times I spent with Matt - the time I visited Matt's house, or the time a group of us went out to Liverpool in 2006, and going for dinner with Matt & Lissa! 

Matt was kind enough to once buy me a selection of vegan cheeses to try when I was still a vegetarian before going vegan, but I disliked them so much I threw it all in the bin! Matt was horrified, and I still feel bad about it, haha... I should have given it back to him! Please thank him for his kindness and apologise on my behalf... I still cringe about it, but maybe Matt will see the funny side now! We really had some great times on the forum back then... Many fond memories I still think about often today 

🙂

Edited by dreamer
  • Like 4

Thank you for contacting us Delius.

A huge, huge thanks to Matt for creating this "strange little community" where we have been able to revel in our love of Kate's music. But more than that, it became a friendly place where like-minded people could talk about anything and everything. It might be rubbish, but it was good-natured rubbish.

Then came 2014 and Before the Dawn, and a chance to ignore our Mums' advice never to meet people we knew through the internet. I was lucky enough to encounter Matt, plus Tegan and Yvo and Janet and Blackbird Braiile. Plus spend a week going around London with Zoe and George. Zoe repeated her visits several years subsequently. I also count uffingtonwhh and tadge and 22dates as true friends - thank you for the free lunches! There are several countries in the way between me and Iwona so we haven't met, but email keeps us in touch, and who knows...

Why all this name-dropping? Because, if you read this Matt, your vision and effort created these friendships and, I have no doubt, many others. No small matter!

Edited by Canasta
  • Like 9

• Delius changed the title to If you can help Matt please respond here

gallery_1_367_616694.jpg

Matt - Before The Dawn, September 14th, London, 2014.

• Like 5

It is with deep sadness that I share the news of my dear friend, Matthew Phillip Adams, who passed away peacefully this morning at 11:02 AM. Kate Bush's music played softly in the background as his mother held his hand by his side.

Throughout his illness, Matthew's unwavering strength and compassion continually amazed his doctors, nurses, and caregivers. While our hearts are heavy, we are grateful that his suffering has ended.

Before I left, I whispered in his ear “get a nice single malt ready for me for when it’s my time to join you mate”

I will share details about the funeral arrangements soon. Please direct any questions to me to allow Jeanette and Godfrey to grieve in peace.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Hi Matt!.. Greeting from the Netherlands: I still have that heavy guitar solo, you sent me once.. :-) I loved the idea of someone on some Scottish island, doing this. You had your gear and recorded.. (and so did I) Did we get anywhere? Probably not, but it doesn't matter. It's about believing in what you do, and make efforts, creating new worlds. And that is what you did with the Bush-forum too! Yes, you are on your own, but you just do it. I love that. I do it too. 

Having failed, is not an issue, I think. It's the act of trying.. I am a pretty good bass player, but not a soul on earth ever hears, what I do. I never found the right musicians, but I still fanatically play along with everything on YouTube. Sad? Yes, but it still feels like creating a new world, If I really play well.. 
More misery? Oh yes!.. For 25 years I have been writing about what the West is doing to the Palestinians, also to all members of Parliament. All good quality, based on history and peace laws. But of course, the result is absolutely zero! Sad? Yes, but I really love creating it, and do it fanatically.. 

Kate Bush was an inspiring example of this 'I did it my way'.  She was fanatic, creative and original, and actually produced good new 'organic' music. She inspired to be so, but for us it is not so important, to become successful or famous. It's trying to live that way, that does the trick: every time, find a thing, you believe in, and do it is good as you can..  

At the end, life will fail us all. I don't need to tell you that. And the process of failing is long and painful. Yes, at the end we die, not to mention all memories of misery. But still it may be the sound of a bird, or any small thing in life, thet can give this feeling of: Yes, go for it! :-)

Greeting from the Netherlands, Serge.. 

• Like 4

I’m away at the moment, have only just read this post.  R.I.P Matt 🖤

I joined KBF many years ago,  in those days we would meet up once a year, sometimes more.  Matt was the catalyst.  Fond memories of Haworth, Matt organised our evening entertainment,  Beck Sian ( Kate’s cousin)  plus our very own Lissa Kathe,  both brilliant singers.  Lissa had travelled from Australia to be there.  Our walk across the moors to “ wuthering heights”  meeting people we had only chatted to on KBF, good days. 
Then Oxford were Nat ( Shetland isles) Anders ( Sweden) Tim ( Hong Kong)  and many more! Met up for Kate’s birthday. The highlight was an evening at the Jericho Tavern,  Nat read her poetry, other members played music plus a Kate Bush tribute act.  I was taking entrance fee ( it was open to all) at the door. A guy came in and I charged him a fiver ( I think) Matt came dashing over “. You can’t charge him!!!)  he said, and introduced me to Del Palmer R.I.P……. I’ll never live that one down 😂

And of course Budleigh Salterton, another memorable meet up.  Picnic on the beach,  flying Lissa’s kite she’d sent from Australia,  lovely meal in the evening talking all things Kate.  We had mini meets as well, Liverpool being close to many members was always favourite. It’s were I met you, Dreamer xx, Janet xx and others, bill look for photos. 
I knew Matt was ill, but because of   Covid ,he didn’t want visitors.  In better times we tried out our local curry houses and pubs.  
Thank you Matt for being part of my life 🖤

• Like 7

R.I.P Matt, and thank you so much for this 'strange little community', it has brought people together that would never get together otherwise, often when they needed it most. 

• Like 5

Hello moderators. Maybe you should make this section so that only admin can create new topics? The spam is out of control. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Oh dearest Matt, you have been so dear to us all here. 

Yes, I am sure Matt could never have dreamed the little community he started for the love of the music and talent that is Kate Bush, so many years ago, would be such a caring, kind, creative and long lasting one. 

I will NEVER forget back in 2007, finally meeting up with you all in Haworth for our KB Gathering. Our walk out on the wily moors and picnic. Performing alongside Beck Sian, singing Wuthering heights! Wow, Wow......! I spent a very precious full day with Matt, we took the ferry across to Liverpool and he showed me around the city, particularly where he first went and saw the magical 'Kate Bush' at the Empire. He so loved his photography and took many photos of our day. 

If it weren't for Matt, I would never have met all you wonderful KB Forum Folk, who lured me to the UK and inspired my heart to spend nearly 4 years there.  Indeed, one of the most significant times of my life.

Matt brought people together from all over the globe. You are all indelibly stamped in my heart, especially our dear Matt. All the love, ❤️ we will never forget and always be  grateful for you. xxxx  

Haworth Matt:Lissa:Fergal:Mark.jpeg

Edited by Lissa
  • Like 5

What sad news . I knew Matt was fighting cancer but had no idea of his health recently.

Matt really helped me get in touch with likeminded fans here and I’ve been lucky enough to meet a few of you . 
I remember early 2005 when I googled Kate bush news and found myself on this forum ! 
I thought I was a Kate expert until I met the others ! We had a lovely weekend on Oxford seeing Fake Bush , meeting Del who came along for the night and also some lovely folks . 
There are not many places in the world where we can talk the way we do - complaining about Kate’s early single choices ( mostly me ) and sharing the experiences we have had listening to and watching Kate these many years . Matt created a good place for us to come together and talk to each other .

Meeting  another Kate fan is always exciting to me and I will always appreciate Matt guiding the forums early years and starting something from nothing . 
Thanks Matt xxx

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Blackbird Braille said:

Hello moderators. Maybe you should make this section so that only admin can create new topics? The spam is out of control. 

I had hoped that this would enable some non members could share there thoughts and memories of Matt, sadly it is seen by the unscrupulous as an opportunity to spam. Permissions have been reset

• Like 3

Just before Matt passed I read to him a message forwarded by Beck Sian who I contacted asking for help (a big thanks to Rachel "in awe")

Hello Iain,
I have just had a response from Kate.
She has sent a typed message for you to read out to Matt.
I hope it will bring some comfort xxx
Beck xx

"Dearest Beck.

Thank you for letting me know.

Please can you send this message to Matt.

Much love,
  Kate  X

Dearest Matt,

I’m so sorry to hear that you are unwell.

I'm sending you my love and a big, big hug along with my deepest gratitude for all your support of my work over the years.

Knowing you are there means a great deal and knowing that your smiling face was out there at the live shows, makes me feel very happy .

Much love,
       Kate  xx

Matt at this stage was heavily sedated and gave minimal responses but upon me reading this out to him he gave a soft smile that brought tears to my eyes.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

Very sorry to read about this - knew it was coming, but doesn't make it easier.

• Like 4

Delius, I've only just read the sad news - I'm so sorry. What a lovely message from Kate and hopefully it gave him some comfort. RIP Matt.

• Like 4